Thursday 30 December 2010

Magpie Tales # 46

Willow's picture for MagpieTales this week set me pondering about the ongoing good natured sparring in the Trellis Household, so here is my tongue in cheek offering, Which, as luck would have it, also counts as a Friday 55 for no less a person than G-Man!.

Round Two, Seconds Out - Ting,Ting!

Iron fist in a velvet glove-
Ada pummels me with love!
Dancing round the boxing ring,
she makes all my senses sing;
right hook here, left jab there-
we were an unusual pair
of LOVE BIRDS huddled on our perch,
I, often left in the lurch
but always game
to beg for more of the same!

Why not come and sample the latest shenanigans of Cad and Ada HERE on A Trellis Truce?  You might enjoy them! Each of the links in this poem will show you another facet of the Gem that is the  Trellis Household!


14 comments:

  1. Yeah- boxing ring - Like it, thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as you've got each other!! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I get it. The gloves are a prompt. They play nicely into your verse and your ending says it all...always game for more of the same. Lucky fella you are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've combined a Magpie Tale, a 55, AND a little self-promotion all in one? Wow!

    Kudos to you, Cad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, my husband likes to say I'm an iron fist in a velvet glove! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Caddoc often needs an iron fist to quash him into submission, Tess! I see you are a girl after my own heart - at least, when the gloves come off, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha. well they certainly are a pair arent they...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Iron fist in a velvet glove?
    Shakespearian metaphors for.....
    Well, I'm sure you know...hehehehe
    Thanks for playing, and have a Kick Ass 2011

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent and amusing. Nice Magpie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cad - I have wiitnessed so many of your sparring bouts, I am always ready to stand by with a sponge to mop up the blood...What are friends for? ! :)

    ReplyDelete