Monday 25 July 2011

Sirius

As soon as I saw the Magpie prompt this week, I came over all poetic. Not about bicycles- too often Ada tells me "On yer bike!"- but about the dog star. Wiki will tell you all about it HERE. But then it made me think of the moon of my delight, and I wrote her these lines...


My dearest, you are
the brightest star in my sky;
No dog days allowed.


Thank you once again to Tess for the inspiration, and let's hope that Alicia will accept this as a roundabout lead in to her Maffick Monday!

13 comments:

  1. have you been very naughty that you need to make up to her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oohhh... sounds as if we need to smooth the ruffles...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I agree with the above.... seems like crawling to me! But maybe it will work. Better eat the oysters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must be getting crowded in the sirius house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's lovely, Cad. My other half never writes poetry for me.

    —Kay, Alberta, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  6. ..ah, that was a tender read for me... i has simply touched my soul. thanks!(:

    Brightest blessings!

    ~Kelvin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's lovely, too. I'm sure it will woo her ;).

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's very nice and flattering which makes me suspect that someone has to make up to someone for something done!!! Or not done as the case may be!

    Original exact same comment binned because nice read 'mice' Sighs.......)c

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bee - no problem - I can always delete one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Look! The Dogstar!"
    "Sirius?"
    "No just kidding."

    Ah, the oldies are the goodies.

    ReplyDelete