Thursday 21 July 2011

Times Is Gettin' Hard, Boys!

An Englishman's home is his castle,
or so the old adage goes,
but how in these times can he buy one?
'Tis a problem which (everyone knows)
depends on the state of the country,
and the pennies in his piggy bank.
More often than not it's too empty...
like his car with a petrol-less tank.

His castle, perforce, remains up in the air...
Good Luck to anyone living up there!
The foundation's dodgy on cloud number nine,
best live in a sty with the rest of the swine!

Blame  JINKSY for tempting me again this week! And Ive just discovered the same subject fits ALICIA's Maffick Monday - who cares if it's Thursday?!

10 comments:

  1. An Englishman's castle indeed! It is a warmly witty poem, I must compliment you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who are you calling swine, Caddoc? I shall have to enlist Ada's help in chastising you for that jibe, if you're not careful...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great poem Cad, truth that flows and says it just as it is, there or here in the US

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've often said my house is a pig-sty;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cad - I thought you had a nice little shed to live in, amongst the bags of compost and bean sprouts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll sound like a complete twat, but the word that springs to mind is delightful! Really liked this, and so terribly true too! *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol, I knew affordable housing was an issue there, but didn't realize it was that bad! lol, very witty and fun piece.

    ReplyDelete