Friday 13 April 2012

Thirteen Lines For The Thirteenth


The action of natural forces, I find
can sometimes be of an unwelcome kind.
My unruly tum
is not under my thumb
and for volcanic activity
it has a proclivity.
I'm sad to say
it goes its own way
with rumbles
and grumbles...
I think that it mumbles
"Please change your diet,
if you long for quiet!"

Laurie at IGWRT set a challenge. "Write a thirteen line poem about effervescence", and gave this list of definitions:-
effervescence - the process of bubbling as gas escapes

natural action, natural process, action, activity - a process existing in or produced by nature (rather than by the intent of human beings); "the action of natural forces"; "volcanic activity"
the property of giving off bubbles
gaseousness - having the consistency of a gas

How could I resist?
Sorry!

16 comments:

  1. Someone had to go there... why am I not surprised it was you!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It goes with the territory over here. :) Once a Ca(r)d always a Cad - or something like that...

      Delete
  2. I thought that, too, Kerry! Nice conclusion, I'm sure that is probably true. Smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. plop plop fizz fizz
    oh what a relief it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha.. oh those talking tummys! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And they all speak the same language, eh? LOL

      Delete
  5. This is hilarious! I so wish that I had thought of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No matter how old you get...this is still funny....Niiiiicccceeee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I especially like the last two lines:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get those grumbling sounds too ~

    Nice to see you at RT ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to Ada's cooking, I do as well!

      Delete
  9. You're speaking here of borborgymus - the correct medical term for tummy rumbles. I'm a Doctor. I know about these things. I'm paid to know about these things and your lighthearted approach to the subject, if carried far enough, will eventually give borborgymus a bad name.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ha ha. And HOW do I follow Dr. FTSE? I have a feeling the diet will not be changed. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surely, one follows the good doctor by listening out for his borborgymus? I have it on good authority it can be quite loud...

      Delete
  11. I like it, Cad - and thanks for making me laugh (and wince a bit at the tummy's mumblings)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah... why am I not surprised that you would point out this very natural effervescence. Thanks so much for taking part!

    ReplyDelete