Thursday 23 February 2012

Heaven Or Hell?





I once read a touching poem
about a ghostly love,
a revenant, returning...

But if push came to shove,
would I choose to be with Ada,
Would we fit like hand in glove
in some alternate future?
Would she be my turtle dove?

Or would we both be thrown
into eternal hell,
where she and I would
row ad infinitum. Who can tell?
Hopping around The World of Blog yesterday, I saw that a Clever Toad from Imaginary Garden had challenged us to respond to a poem we'd encountered on our travels. I chose one by Doctor FTSE entitled "Revenant", and clicking on this link will lead you straight to it.

 










If you have never met the delights of the shenanigans that go on in the Trellis household, you can catch up with the latest of them HERE, and there are plenty more on offer if you scroll further down!

8 comments:

  1. Let no man cast asunder such a match made in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm ... that's a tough one.

    I think you two get a buzz out of annoying each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see you and Ada as TURTLEdoves - each with a shell to withdraw into, to protect the wearer from their warring partner. *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some matches are just MEANT to be! One person's heaven may be another person's hell. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As my friend Caddoc sagely remarked "In this marriage I have had to learn to take the rough with the rough."

    ReplyDelete
  6. To each his own. Frankly, I always thought nonstop billing and cooing would be pretty boring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And one step further, who would get to steer the boat and yell "ROW!" There is always an upper hand...even in hell....lol. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all in the pronunciation- not 'row' with oars, but 'ROW' (fight) with words! get the picture? LOL

      Delete