Wednesday 3 August 2011

In Tandem #4

This image of Jinksy's made my thoughts turn to the garden, and this was the eventual result...

Intermingled

A honeysuckle twines
and plaits its way
through jasmine,
smoke bush,
lavender,
hibiscus.
Foliage and flowers
flourish here,
with scant respect
for others boundaries.
They Intermingle,
managing to grow
with minimum of fuss.
No fight for food,
for space,
for light,
appears to stunt their growth.
The flower kingdom
lives its days in peace,
with only nature's laws
to shape its fate.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I love this. I see the vine and the flowers. I like the clean flow of the words, your alliteration and the philosophical musings you have drawn from the garden. It makes me wonder what a discussion of nature's laws as applied to us might include ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! It's true, and the weeds do even better. I love my garden, and yours sounds beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A colourful interpretation of the images. Good thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "with scant respect for others boundaries"... and they turn out beautifully, don't they. :)

    ReplyDelete